X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a pink bank+atm across the street from Emporium, next time I need to do a foreign cash withdrawal I will check it out.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

21 May 2009  SEACON SQUARE -10,000.00  THB  $-300.34
      I just withdrew 10,000 baht out of my US based ePassporte Visa Electron card and there was no charge.

The screen said NO CHARGE as did the paper reciept which I got.

When I checked my account on line there was no fee for the 10,000 baht withdrawal.

I used the Bank of Ayudhya (the yellow one!)

Is it possible that tourist locations are being targeted for this fee? This bank IS a member of the Thai Bankers Association.

(10,000.00 THB = 291.148 USD according to XE.com, so the rate wasn't all that good!)  
      Attached Files

Comment

It depends what account u have i have a hsbc plus account in uk and they say from there website
        Fee-free cash withdrawals worldwide
        When you're travelling overseas, you can use your HSBC Plus debit card just as you would in the UK, to withdraw cash or pay for items, just look out for the symbol shown on your card. We will not charge you any HSBC ATM transaction fees for cash withdrawals made abroad*.

Last july i wasent charged any fees when I was in Thailand so there might be the standard fee but acording to this account it free withdraws abroad

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1....ntf2618
        gareth davies

Comment

gaz this thread is about an additional fee the Thai banks are charging for using Thai ATMs. This just started in April and it seems some Thai banks who are members of the Thai Bankers Association are not charging the 150 Baht fee yet.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(gaz @ May 21 2009,21:44) It depends what account u have i have a...
            You've misunderstood the whole thread. This isn't about bank charges made by the card issuers... it's about the flat fee supposedly charged by ALL ATMS in Thailand by all banks introduced a couple of weeks ago.

The HSBC kink you have provided says that HSBC won't charge you for withdrawing money and makes no mention of refunds for the 150 baht fee that Thai banks will charge.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just been to Kasikorn (Green) and Ayuthya (Yellow) ATMs in Avenue Mall Pattaya with my UK debit card. BOTH are charging the 150 baht - so Stogie may be right about tourist places.

I assume Pattaya is a tourist place
              TT

Comment

Kasikorn at Asok MRT station charged me
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

Kasikorn near the top of Sukhumwit 71 also wanted to charge me  -  this is NOT a tourist area.

The Bank of Ayudhya (yellow) still shows 0 Baht charge  -  used it this morning.  Luckily they are right next to my apartment.    

Tried a Pink/Mauve SCIB machine and after several seconds thinking about it came out with a warning 'This transaction is not allowed!'.
                  Errr....  OK I only wanted some of my own money....    

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 25 2009,17:22) ....warning 'This transaction is not allowed!'.
                    It must have known what you planned to do with the money !
                    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

• I have used the Bank of Ayudhya (the yellow one!) three different times now at three different places and they ALL did NOT charge the fee...

Look for these ATMs and tell us how you get on...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Bangkok ATM Watch - only on TLF
                        No honey, no money!!

Comment

• What is the maximum amount of cash you can withdraw from a Thai ATM? (or is it only limited by the maximum set by your own bank?)
                          Dutch.

Comment

• I think - but I'm not sure - that it's 20,000 Baht.

For many it will be their own bank's rules that limit the amount.

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

• (Road Runner @ May 30 2009,12:27) I think  -  but I'm not sure  -  that it's 20,000 Baht.

For many it will be their own bank's rules that limit the amount.
                              My bank allows me to withdraw ‚¬500,00 a day, so 20.000 Bath would be ok.
                              Dutch.

Comment

• your bank may not allow you to withdraw the same amount abroad as you do at home. I can withdraw 700 euro on my ATM card in ireland but only 100 euro when in Thailand

Some Thai ATMs only let me withdraw 10,000 baht with my credit card and some allow up to 20,000 baht
                                No honey, no money!!

Comment

Working...
                                X