X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunno if these guys charge fee (pic taken on Sukh Soi 7/1) - I'd be more worried about them cloning my card and screwing me to the amount of my credit limit
    Attached Files
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

• That's the UOB mobile exchange, I think they usually park in Sukhumvit Soi 7 and have been there nightly from 6:30 pm or so until 11 pm. As reported earlier no extra ATM charge until Aug 2009 - I think they and the Gov't Savings Bank ATMs are the last two left not charging the fee.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

• Baht at 34 to the dollar, 150 baht ATM fees, Songkron riots, Aussie thrown in jail for 'stealing' a bar mat, Brit thrown in Jail for having a 'messy' passport....and they wonder why tourism sucks
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

• Well if they would only realize that an even 300 THB fee would increase revenue and tourism.

Of course 10 day border stamps would create increased activity and THB for the locals thus increase the Thai economy fourfold
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

• AEON Bank is another one who so far doesn't charge the 150 fee. Not a lot of their atms around so it would take a little planning to use them.

http://www.aeon.co.th/lang....ATMForm
            Attached Files
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Bangkok list of ATMs looks pretty good at first glance

http://www.aeon.co.th/lang....soutput

Pattaya only has 3 though
              http://www.aeon.co.th/lang....soutput
              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Nice one, thanks! I'll try them next time.

Comment

• I'm using the UOB ATM at Villa Supermarket iwhen n Pattaya, and the one 50 metres along Soi 3 from the main Sukhumvit junction in BKK.
                  TT

Comment

• (Stogie @ Jun. 03 2009,15:21)
                    (rxpharm @ Jun. 01 2009,15:58) Snick are you sure about the Government Savings Bank?
                    I can confirm that The Government Savings Bank does NOT charge an ATM fee for its' withdrawal service.

The slip said no fee and I checked my bank statement online also.  

I wonder if that will change soon...  
                    UPDATE: STILL not charging the 150 baht fee!

Comment

• From this week's stickmanbangkok

"In regards to the 150 ATM fee, amazingly the pink, Government Savings bank's ATMs do not charge the fee for transactions on a foreign account. That said, there are not many of them around. There is a Government Savings Bank ATM across from Emporium, and at the top of the escalator at Asoke BTS going to MTR as well as in the back sois of Siam Square.  

Also the HSBC ATM on Rama IV Road does not charge a fee for using a non-HSBC foreign card.  As far as I know there is only one HSBC, on Rama IV Road."

Anybody know where the Government Savings Banks are in Pattaya?

Comment

• It seems there are at least 3 ways to avoid the fee while still enjoying your ATM card:

1. Use the pink ATMs that don't charge

2. Present your ATM card to any bank teller for a cash advance rather than using an ATM machine. This also allows substantially more to be withdrawn at a time as well.

3. I use a Fidelity debit card. I have verified by trial then confirming their policy that Fidelity waves the 150 baht fee no matter which ATM I use. I think other cards such as Schwab do this as well. So turns out the 150 baht fee is a total non-issue for me, woo hoo.

Comment

• (bumblebee @ Sep. 13 2009,13:47) Anybody know where the Government Savings Banks are in Pattaya?
                          There's a pink ATM at Tuk Com.

And a branch at the new Festival Mall.

But it may depend on your card as to whether the pink bank is free.  Might depend whether it's Visa or Cirrus or what country you're from.  

Or if you treat the pink machine nice and slowly insert your card rather than ramming it in.    

This info is what I hear; I just use my Thai bank account.

Comment

• (jadeite @ Sep. 13 2009,16:49) Fidelity
                            With Fido you can transfer money to the Bangkok Bank branch in New York as a free ACH transfer, Bangkok Bank New York charges 10 bucks, Bangkok Bank in Thailand charges 500 baht, Fidelity charges nothing and you get the TT rate. With these fees you'll only want to make a big transfer.

Comment

• I still find that my Nationwide Flex account card does not get charged at the Bank of Authya (the yellow bank).

Not done a test on the others recently but they were all charging before and it was notified on a screen before the money was issued.

The two pink bank machines near my appartment do not recognise my Nationwide card!

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

• (Road Runner @ Sep. 14 2009,13:53) The two pink bank machines near my appartment do not recognise my Nationwide card!      
                                Quick update.  Discovered the new branch of the Pink Bank on the 4th floor of Central Festival Mall in Pattaya today.  Tried to withdraw 15000 THB with my UK Nationwide VISA debit card .... 'transaction cancelled'.  Tried to withdraw 10000 .... 'transaction cancelled'  

So went to another bank's ATM to check my card was OK (it was - I cancelled that transaction when the '150 baht charge' notice appeared).   Back to the pink Bank ATM. Successfully withdrew 7500, then an additional 5000.  No charges.

Sorry ... all a bit pedantic - but I know RR appreciates a full description  
                                TT

Comment

Working...
                                X