X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green ATM is now charging 150 Baht

Most Thai ATMs will limit you to 20,000 per withdrawal, and a limit of 40,000 per day.
    Thats 'most' ATM, I think TMB has lower limits (blue and red ATM), others might also.

Supposedly the Pink ATM will limit you to 30,000 per transaction and 60,000 per day
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

• The Pink/mauve SCIB ones appear to limit offshore cards to 0 Baht!

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

• Bangkok Bank can and does issue up to 25,000b in one transaction - they are the only bank I know in Thailand who can dispense 25 bank notes at one time (i.e. 25 X 1000b) - everybody else tends to limit it to 20 notes of whichever is the largest note they have (i.e. if thats 500b - your stuck with 10,000b).

many banks will totally waive daily limits if you request it within your OWN BRANCH when they issue a Thai ATM card - for example, my ceiling is set at 1,000,000b day (fat chance of ever having that amount in the account though).       Standard is anywhere between 20k and 40k - but you can easily lift it - I have 300k at BKK bank but its not the main bank I use anymore.     By the way, just to clarify if you have a higher limit you need to do multiple transactions, one after another - all will be approved - up to your daily limit. the clock re-sets at around 3am - done that one before as well.

However if your using a foreign card, your own bank will issue a limit - no matter what the local banks WOULD dispense.  

Cheers
        mardhi

Comment

• (bigmick22 @ May 30 2009,13:25) your bank may not allow you to withdraw the same amount abroad as you do at home. I can withdraw 700 euro on my ATM card in ireland but only 100 euro when in Thailand
          The ‚¬500,00 is the amount I can withdraw abroad. When in Thailand I normally withdraw 15.000 Bath every time I need money. Now I better try if 20.000 also works for me.
          Dutch.

Comment

• 25.000 baht is the maximum you can do in one transaction.
            I made two withdrawals and then hit the card's limit.
            Then I needed to call the card service in germany to unlock it (thank god for the time difference, they work 9 to 5 in Germany!).

I had to rake some cash together back in november, when I had to "escape" by alternative routes over Cambodia and Malaysia.
            Cost me a bunch of cash, but I'll always remember that trip!

BTW, some official body (I think it was the ministry of tourism) asked the bank to stop charging the 150 baht fee.

Then the representative said, the banks just roll the inscreased costs of the credit card issuers onto the customers, and the representative of mastercard (or was it visa?), said that costs didn't increase.
            The poll said that 84% of people believe the credit card issuers...

Many money transfer companies try to prey on customers. Western Union and Moneygram are very expensive for bigger sums, while their fee schedule might be OK for 500 USD.
            Above 500 USD, SWIFT money wire still rules. The costs depend on your bank, but normally they stay under 1% for payments above 2000 USD.

Be especially careful when transferring money into another country where it must be converted. The banks will normally apply the worst buying/selling rate of the day, plus a commission of 20 to 100 bips (varies).

The same is true for credit card payments abroad: worst rate + high commission - this doesn't seem like much on small amounts, but try transferring / withdrawing 10.000 USD, we'll see if you appreciate the fee of nearly 200 USD (sometimes more!!).

My tactics is to bring cash with me, in my home currency, credit card as backup.
            The cash can be exchanged at very good rates at VASU, suk soi 7 (or was it 9?)

Does someone know a good money exchange in Pattaya, with very tight spreads?

Comment

• Stickman Weekly 31/5/2009

"If you're making a withdrawal from your ATM card on a foreign bank account in Thailand, UOB Bank is the bank to use as it is fee free, at least until August 11 at which point they will commence charging a 100 baht fee. Other banks are charging 150 baht."

Comment

• Which color are the UOB Bank ATMs?
                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Blue
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

• Thank you kind sir. I found their web site and they have a total of 32 ATMs in Chon Buri including ones outside a bank branch. That does not seem like very many, but just need one that is close. Have you seen any of them on Pattaya Tai or perhaps in Tukcom?
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Pink ATM , Government Saving Bank, did NOT charge me any fee.
                      In Bangkok there is one across the street from Emporium, and another in the Asoke skytrain station (top of the escalator leading to subway).

The limit was 20,000 Baht per transaction. Not 30,000 which I had read elsewhere.

(TTChang, it did work with my foreign ATM)

Comment

• (Lefty @ Jun. 01 2009,10:14) Have you seen any of them on Pattaya Tai or perhaps in Tukcom?
                        Nope...Yellow and Green on Pattaya Tai...and Red in TukCom...

But here ya go...Apparently there is also one in Tops at corner of Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road...Sorry not to scale...
                        Attached Files
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

• Thanks Kahuna, that map though shows one on the corner of Pattaya Tai and WS/Beach Rd T, and two more on WS. One more on 2nd Rd between Pattaya Tai and Soi 13/2. That is not bad for South Pattaya with some planning.
                          ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

• Bank of Ayudha ATMs are all now charging the 150 Baht fee as of May 30/09.

Snick are you sure about the Government Savings Bank? There is a warning that an inter region charge will apply - you should check your bank statement to be sure. I was checking out one in Pantip Plaza yesterday and saw the warning.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                            Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread
                            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

• I did see that warning, but I think that was referring to other domestic ATM cards.
                              My slip said Fee: 0

I will verify with my foreign bank statement, when I see it. But when I use any other bank the 150 Fee shows up on the ATM receipt.

(you still around ?-I'll be going out Weds night-catch you then ?)

Comment

• (rxpharm @ Jun. 01 2009,15:58) Snick are you sure about the Government Savings Bank?
                                I can confirm that The Government Savings Bank does NOT charge an ATM fee for its' withdrawal service.

The slip said no fee and I checked my bank statement online also.

I wonder if that will change soon...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X