Thats the sheraton grand
    Grand
    0%
    intercontenal
    0%
    sofitel central plaza
    0%

Hi fellow members

I am really enjoying reading the posts but wonder if i can get some real advice

Which hotels are near the "action", which are LB Friendly and happy for you to take "guests" back for some R & R, and what prices can one expect to pay. ALso, how do you get there from airport or do any of them arrange transfers.

I went to the site below so if anyone can look at it and advise me as to choice that would be great

I just gotta get there!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all and keep safe

Little

Comment

sorry , there is the link!!?!?

Comment

Little,

Where are you planning on going. If it's Bangkok, have a look at my site, and look at the hotel sections:

http://www.s4slotus2001tl.homestead.com/page1.html

Have fun, be safe....

Lotusman

Comment

>>>ALso, how do you get there from airport or do any of them arrange transfers.>>>

3 options from the airport:

1. There are buses that go to all the main stop off points in Bangkok. Costs 100 baht or something trivial. Not super fast, but if you arrive when a bus is just about to leave, definitely the cheapest way. Problem is they only run about once an hour and if you ask when the next one is, they will probably say "a few minutes". Yeah right.

2. Metered taxi. About 250-300 baht straight to your hotel door. MAKE SURE THEY PUT THE METER ON

3. Personal limo. 500-600 Baht. They will try to sell to you as you come out of arrival hall. Don't buy at that point. Check if there is a metered taxi queue or not. If no queue, take the meter.....why pay double for same speed and convenience. However, if huge taxi queue, go for the limo. Worth it after a long flight
          Mister Arse

Comment

Little179,

You asked for more info on the President Solitaire in my trip thread. It's located up Soi 11 - past the Grand President. It's not a bad walk down to Sukhumvit Rd., but then it's still a few blocks over to NEP. They also say they have a shuttle down to Sukhumvit, but I didn't see any sign of it the 2 days I was there.

their web site is http://www.presidentsolitaire.com

Comment

For sheer convienience I would recommend The Nana or The Dynasty, or The Woraburi (at the end of the soi) or the Ruamchitt near soi 15/Sukhimvit. For the Cherry Boy I would say the Nana or the Dynasty! Have at it oh also just go outside the terminal and take a METER Taxi not worth the hassle or messing with the bus ESPECIALLY after a long assed flight.

Comment

JMan,

Found the shuttle to be great. Just asked the door man...and I was then on it in just a few minutes.

Lotusman

Comment

People wonder how I can fly to Thailand several times a year for 14 years running. Before that, people wondered how I could fly to the Philippines several times a year for 7 years running. Before that, people used to wonder how I flew to the USA from my job in Hong Kong back in the '70s for several times each year.
                  Well, the reasons are many and varied and involve not only ingenuity, hard work, but INCREDIBLE SACRIFICE.
                  Other than that, rock-bottom cheap hotels have played a big role in the equation. I said "rock-bottom cheap" not dirty, not dangerous, not vermin-infested, not disgusting.
                  Just rock-bottom cheap.
                  If you are into saving tons of money to lavish on LBs (and NOT on the owners of fancy hotels), drop me a line anytime.
                  Mr. Lonely aka King Of The Road (trailers for sale or rent; rooms to rent 50 cents, no pool, no booze, no pets, ain't got no cigarettes.......)

Comment

For the best hotel in my not so humble opinion you cannot beat the J W Marriott for quality, price for what you get and location. It over looks Soi Nana and is less than I 5 minute stroll away from the action!

And they are very guest friendly!

Comment

Thaipan,

Your right on the location part, but to me it's just another Marriott. I stay at Marriott's around 50 nights a year so I think I can say that with some authority. Try the Solitaire, you might change your mind on your value statement. The Solitaire is $25 bucks cheaper an night, and the rooms are much nicer and larger....

Just my 2 baht on the subject....

Lotusman

Comment

Hi Lotus, I just looked at the President Solitare on your web site. Man that is some size of TV!!!!!

Just what did you do with the brass rails on the bed? Tell all!!!!

Comment

thanks everyone for the info. you guys are the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by (little179 @ Feb. 26 2004,16:54)
                            thanks everyone for the info. you guys are the greatest
                            No problem Little, have fun and post a trip report!!

Well Lotus? What did you use the brass rails for??

Comment

Just found out that the Majestic is booked up late October.

Anyone feel like recommending an alternative in the direct vicinity, same price range(ish) but with an in-room safe.

Both Nana Hotel and apparently Dynasty only have safe boxes at reception, and Nana Hotel's apparent policy to extra guests (not more than one at a time) doesn't suit my plans.

Is the Woraburi LB friendly?

Advice needed quickly. Flying to LOS next week though not in BKK till 22 October.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X