Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(pacman @ Oct. 15 2008,08:59) if I can find enough chocolate...

...will you be my friend??      
    Bastard-you know my weakness.

Fill the Kitten Club with chocolate and i will be a patron for life.
    A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

....sometime snow falls in june....., no but we go with some dancers from cabaret soi 9 to kittens, and they do theyr job, dance on stage......but just only fun, no bad look from staff or lady's.....that isn't in every bar possible...!!
      So for me, "Kittens-Obsession" ist one of the rare real relaxing points in pattaya....
      Attached Files
      xxx

Comment

(Juri @ Oct. 16 2008,16:17) ....sometime snow falls in june....., no but we go with some dancers from cabaret soi 9 to kittens, and they do theyr job, dance on stage......but just only fun, no bad look from staff or lady's.....that isn't in every bar possible...!!
        So for me, "Kittens-Obsession" ist one of the rare real relaxing points in pattaya....

Two thumbs up to your comment Juri. I also happen to like the place and will return time and time again. I am by no means saying that it is the best place in town, but it sure is a great place to relax and have a cold San Miguel...or two for one if you hit the correct Happy Hour!

Bless their souls and their little holes!
        -swedeman007

chix with dix do amazing trix!

Comment

Hey Juri, I am sure the ladies you imported from Soi 9 enjoyed their guest spot dancing on stage at the Kitten Club...

but when you looked at all the stunners there dressed in their little bikinis,

did the old saying about taking coals to Newcastle come to mind??
          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Oct. 17 2008,08:16) Hey Juri, I am sure the ladies you imported from Soi 9 enjoyed their guest spot dancing on stage at the Kitten Club...

but when you looked at all the stunners there dressed in their little bikinis,

did the old saying about taking coals to Newcastle come to mind??
            ...sure, but this story just about the style the bar offer herself....., and for this i post the pic's, never meaning the unpluged soi 9- dancers are able to shine more than the cutie's there...
            xxx

Comment

As promised I visited the Kitten Club along with another BM. The previous evening a group of us did discuss the LB bars in Pattaya and comment on the pros and cons of each bar and why we preferred one over the other - we all had a different favorite.

There is no judgment here just MY observations so I shall ignore any replies!

See photos. It looks like there are 2 distinctly separate bars - Kitten (GG's) on your left and Obsession (LB's) on your right. In fact the bar is really all one. Left of the Kitten Club is the entrance to the Penthouse Hotel.

Overall the venue pitches itself as an upmarket venue.

In the bar the seating is good and the layout is well thought out so that, wherever you sit, you have a good view.

There were about 12 other customers, when we arrived, most of whom were feasting on 3 GG's in the foamy jacuzzi.

It appears that many of the irritating overhead signs, concerning various drink tariffs, have been removed. There is a Rolodex type menu on the tables showing drink prices. Cocktails and Spirits seemed OK (if includes mixer - eg. Bacaradi AND Coke). The menu is a little difficult to read in the lighting.

I still think Beer is overpriced at 130 for a Tiger. My opinion.

Strangely we arrived at 11.30 and it WAS Happy Hour - my lucky night. So 2 Tigers at 130 was OK. My preference would be no Happy Hour and beer at 90 but that is my opinion.

A little shocked that I was recognized by some staff - one ex Stringfellows from more than a year ago. The other BM was also recognised by another LB. So we were soon surrounded by about 6 LB's all of whom were very attentive.

So on the good side we enjoyed the company of 6 lovely LB's who did NOT demand a LD (we had agreed, in advance, to see how long it would take if we did not offer first).

On the bad side I know a number of guys, especially if they were on their own, who would find getting mobbed by 6 LB's a little intimidating! But what the heck.

I stepped outside for a cigarette and spoke to some of the LB's - one called Pim was delightful. Photo from outside.

There is a large sign outside with all the Do Not's - so looks like the owner did have an obsession with signs!

Returned inside to buy a couple of LadyDrinks - my fellow BM asked how much ladydrinks were and the reply was 'not know'. Hmmm. Anyhow drinks were bought and when the tab arrived they worked out at 150 each.

On the menu it clearly states that Bar Off is '600 Up'. Again I hate ambiguity and do not want to feel I must negotiate for every purchase.

NO Tip Box appeared - great.

So in summary (yes MY summary) it is a good well laid out bar with some great staff. The atmosphere was excellent and the staff attentive and attractive. Even their uniforms looked good and not tired & worn out like so many others

Drinks in Happy Hour were great value. Even the Toilets were exceptionally clean and well serviced - there is an attendant to hand you a towel - he does expect 20 baht!

What would I change:
              From a business point of view it is far better to scrap the random Happy Hour and lower the drink prices - yes, as a LB venue, it does justify a premium but not 50%.

When a customer enters the girls should learn to hold back a little. I know many guys who would drink up quick and leave if they feel intimidated. Give the customer time to settle and get comfortable. For me, in a mixed venue like this, it is even more important - the customer needs to declare his preference - GG/LB

Clarity over prices of LadyDrinks and BarFines would remove the ambiguity. I do not need to feel I am always negotiating rather than sitting back and enjoying myself.

A very pleasant evening and I will go back again - a bit of fine tuning and I am sure it could be better patronized by many on this, and other, forums. This was our penultimate stop having visited

La Bamba
              Stringfellows
              Hema Cabaret
              Kitten Club

All bars have their strengths and their weaknesses and my observations are qualified comments that the owner may take on board or ignore - up to him/her. If they want to discuss then PM me.

The bar should post on this forum - they advertise so why not a monthly 'newsletter'?
              Attached Files

Comment

(rossco @ Oct. 17 2008,15:27) As promised I...
                rossco
                for once your my hero
                one day well meet (if you want to)
                i hear on the grapevine that theyre planning some spectaculars
                more when i find out

Comment

A well balanced and important review...  thanks, Rossco.

(Verity... Please limit your 'quoting quotes' in your replies. It IS against the forum guidelines and it IS annoying for readers. I have edited some of your recent posts!)

Comment

well done, Stogie, It's about bloody time some one else told verity about the "quotes" guidlines, it's bloody annoying.
                    i love t-girls

Comment

• Mystery Shopper  ....  a man on a mission.  The Kitten Club is topical (ie. has been attracting much forum hot air)  ....  so becomes the #1 review for this furtive incognito character.  I had been once before, and wasn't impressed.  But decided the bar needed another look.    

Executive Summary: I stayed there for about an hour, and enjoyed it.  Quite a few plusses, and a couple of negatives.  I will go back (preferably if I can find out when the mystery Happy Hour is   ) ... but it is expensive.

First impression  ... staff very attentive, a well lit and attractive club, plenty of room, seating comfortable and not too congested, music better than average (& not ridiculously loud) ... sat down within sight line of the soapy jacuzzi.  Thought at first one of the soapy girls was a LB (post op!) ... but told by my companion that my eyesight was failing me (true).

Ordered a beer (120 baht) and two bottles arrived.  Happy hour!   Didn't really want 2 beers, but it was a pleasant surprise.  Didn't see any sign for Happy Hour timings, so it may be random (I was in there about midnight!)

Second impression: Although GGs aren't my scene, I was very impressed by the quality of the talent on offer there (as above, one had such a nice ass I thought she was a ladboy   )

I was chatted up by a service girl, but nothing too pushy.  A couple of GGs looked to get my attention, but my lack of eye contact (+ my age and paunch!) kept them away.

The Tip Box was offered to me. Ah, there you are... the 'negative bastards' waiting to pounce!  But all that happened was that the Tip Box appeared from the soapy suds, was waved at me from 10 metres away, and I shook my head (the big one).  No hassle, and I didn't see the Tip Box again! I've been to a few Patpong bars with 'pingpong' style entertainment, where the tip box does the round of punters - but i agree it's not a great idea (and I doubt the money taken is worth the aggravation factor in Kitten Club)

I was approached by a LB I have 'enjoyed' in the past.  But she soon left to dance, pointing me over to the far side of the bar area - where several dancers were already attracting my attention   The LBs   So took my drink over there!  

A quick visit to the very clean and attended gents (for warm towel - and shoulder massage  ... hate that when I'm having a pee).  I enjoy leaving 5 or 10 baht on top of the 20 baht note reminder!  It is a relief (in more ways than one) to go to a clean 'comfort room' as they call it.  

Surrounded by 5 or 6 LBs.  Quite attractive and pleasant(without being stunning), and some good pole-dancing going on.  Not over-demanding for lady drinks. So I eventually decided to buy one.   First downside ... the service girl couldn't (ie wouldnt) tell me how much a lady drink is. I don't know if it's included in the drinks list ... which is printed in clear type for the name of the drink, but in coloured type for the price. Ok my sight is failing.

And when the service girl came back with the drink, she still wouldn't tell me.  So i looked at the bin ... 150 baht.     Still, I enjoyed a bit of activity and the atmosphere was friendly.  I do agree that what attitude you put out ... does get repaid in kind, at most bars.

I enjoyed my visit.  I am not connected with the bar.  do think the customer feedback has had a beneicial effect.

Further 'Mystery Shopper' visits this high? season in LOS  ... no Tea Money accepted .... but advance notice of 'Happy Hours' always appreciated  

Comment

• A comment on the ladydrinks...

The basic glass of coke, the famous Kitty Cola costs 99 baht. They will accept that if that is what is offered, however...

they make more commission on the more expensive drinks.

And their peers in the bar will consider them stupid if they don't go for the top shelf.

Hence the waitresses reluctance to offer a price, she will be shot by your new partner for cutting her potential earnings.

150 baht is the average price of a split, some of the smart ones will push their luck & order a cocktail.

They don't know if they will ever be offered another drink & the extra few baht commission means far more to them then we can appreciate.
                        I got caught nicely on my first few excursions into the place but once I had my favourites, they only accepted a drink if offered & as they didn't like alcohol, it was Kitty Colas all round.      
                        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• I do not believe it................................................ ..

Guess where I have just been - Kitten Club with yet another BM to try it out!

I also took time to speak to the owner.

We had a great night if a bit expensive (no happy hour at 11.30pm tonight)

You have my trip report but still everything is contested - shut the hell up!

Ladydrink is her choice 150 baht - Oh yeah next time I will tell her "You can only have a kitty coke so I can post on the forum it is only XX baht" - Cheap Charlie. Correction the bar makes much more profit on Kitty Coke than any real drink. I KNOW that.

It is their bar and not yours. You have achieved something though - three separate threads causing nothing but negativity. Your initial effusive post attracted much criticism. Learn from it.

My report was objective and factual - good for the bar and good for forum members.

Yes the bar is OK, and up market, but for goodness sake let it rest unless you have something significant to contribute.

Having listened to the ripostes, to your original post, I took my personal time to investigate and report back. Done deal - READ the report.

There are much needed minor changes - not Berlin Walls to be removed but customer satisfaction issues.

Actually you have created more negativity (check the posts) than the bar deserves.

Put your PR professionalism to the McCain campaign - then Obama will win

I apologize if my post is harsh but it is true. Where were your photos of the bar, objective observations etc? It was a subjective & self opinionated post that gathered a storm of adverse feedback. Is that what you wanted to achieve?

I will speaking to the owner again to see if I can assist and promote positively and hopefully change perceptions. What will you do?

Again I apologize but helping the bar is one thing - fighting off inept/unqualified posts is another.

Comment

• Good...I don´t know the location....so never go in....
                            I prefer Linda... as last year best Mekhong in town...

Dieter
                            Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

• If you want publicity the Pacman seems like the right person.

Comment

• Well I guess that Kitten Club has earned notoriety in three separate threads.

So there is nothing bad about any publicity.

I went on 2 consecutive nights. It is a good venue aimed at "up market" due to its pricing and ambiguity on pricing.

By contrast I went o Naklua nd the Ladydrink was 150 - Hmmm. No diferent to Kitten (NOT Kitty Coke).

This whole thread has been started by a BM (with no financial investment = Skin in the game) and has had more traffic than it deserves.

Kitten Club - read MY report. It is an OK bar/venue - mixed - 18 LB's and 25 GG. Drinks are more expensive but still worth a visit if only to compare. OK I do check my bin (in any bar) and enjoyed the attention.

There are some "customer sat" issues outstanding and I hope I can influence some changes in this area - no I have not bought shares in the hotel/bar.

The owner is a great guy but pretty much detached from the bars.

So give it a go BUT check out your bill as you progress during you visit.

I am always happy to see another LB bar in Pattaya succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X