Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(langchai @ Sep. 19 2008,17:06) Its hard to give a balanced opinion on a bar. I respect your point of view dude.

Because of you bringing it up, I will step into Kitten Club to check it out at least once when I'm in Patts in 2 weeks.  

Added: As an aside, didn't Nicky used to work here after Club131? Any idea where she is now?
    afterall they have certainly got the best hotel in town why shouldnt they have the two best bars

Comment

(rossco @ Sep. 12 2008,21:49) Ok so the Kitten Club is the Sheraton of LB bars

Stringfellows, EZY, La Bamba are all Holiday Inns!

I guess I prefer Holiday Inns.

I do not think comparing a 5 star hotel pricing structure with a bar has any value when justifying an over priced LB bar.

Fly 1st Class, Business, Premium or Economy - all customers get to the same destination, at the same time, BUT some customers paid more for a  different standard of on board comfort.

Let BM's give Kitten Club another 'chance' and report back.

My point was that you were charged 50%+ for your beer in a bar that offers nothing more than similar venues for LB's in Pattaya. You were in a Holiday Inn.

BM's do not really care about the price of their drinks but are more discerning on the actual venue and how they 'feel' when visiting.

To date most BM's do not rate Kittens highly on their personal experiences.
      Pleased you had a good experience and hope that this is a sign of the bar improving.
      so you cant afford it - 100 baht average for a drink
      not for everyone but just stop the bitching and let others enjoy

Comment

(verity @ Oct. 13 2008,15:43)
        (rossco @ Sep. 12 2008,21:49) Ok so the Kitten Club is the Sheraton of LB bars

Stringfellows, EZY, La Bamba are all Holiday Inns!

I guess I prefer Holiday Inns.

I do not think comparing a 5 star hotel pricing structure with a bar has any value when justifying an over priced LB bar.

Fly 1st Class, Business, Premium or Economy - all customers get to the same destination, at the same time, BUT some customers paid more for a  different standard of on board comfort.

Let BM's give Kitten Club another 'chance' and report back.

My point was that you were charged 50%+ for your beer in a bar that offers nothing more than similar venues for LB's in Pattaya. You were in a Holiday Inn.

BM's do not really care about the price of their drinks but are more discerning on the actual venue and how they 'feel' when visiting.

To date most BM's do not rate Kittens highly on their personal experiences.
        Pleased you had a good experience and hope that this is a sign of the bar improving.
        so you cant afford it - 100 baht average for a drink
        not for everyone but just stop the bitching and let others enjoy
        Why not let BM's express their opinion of the place without calling it bitching? Why because you obviously have a financial interest in the place.

If you read the reports on kitten on this forum there is a growing trend of negativity against the place and that is from people who have actually been there and experienced their so called customer service.

Comment

no financial interest whatsoever althought ive been blamed so several times
          but what makes me really angry is that such a good bar for us lb lovers should receive so much unfair and obviously biased postings from so few people or should i say majority of other bm's being other bar owners hiding in various names when the concerted opinion of so many is that this bar is the gold standard to which others would like to aspire to
          in fairness check it out yourself and then tell us all of another that comes even close

Comment

(verity @ Oct. 13 2008,00:43) 100 baht average for a drink
            Which drinks are 100 baht and less?

If it's happy hour, when is happy hour?

Comment

Hi PigDogg, I haven't forgotten you asked me to find out when is happy hour.

At the Kitten Club it is more like "wacko hour" as it is used as a marketing tool & can be started at any time of the night.

I was given two drinks at all weird hours, sometimes when I didn't want an extra beer.

If the bar is busy, then there is no need for it, if it is quiet then the girls out the front will change signs at any tme, suddenly you find yourself with two drinks when you ordered one.

I can see the bars reasoning but in practice I think they would do better if they promoted regular times.

I think their happy hour policy needs reviewing.
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Thanks Pacman.

Btw, what are the 100 baht average drinks that Verity is talking about?

Comment

The Club sells draft beer for 79 baht & Tiger for 120 baht, the average of those two is 100.

Heinekin, Singha, San Miguel, etc are 130 baht, the price list is 2 pages back. So it is a long bow being drawn by Verity, but in fairness the cost of my drinks averaged out came to less.

What with happy hour arriving at who-knows-when & the "buy 2 get 1 free" vouchers, I was swimming in beer.

And for those who asked about the vouchers, they are freely available to house guests of the Penthouse Suites.

I picked mine up from the reception desk, if you see a distinguished looking gentleman on the verandah, please say hello & tell him you are a friend of mine, he will be delighted to hear you have come to visit his bar.

Comment

(pacman @ Oct. 14 2008,08:18) if you see a distinguished looking gentleman on the verandah, please say hello & tell him you are a friend of mine, he will be delighted to hear you have come to visit his bar.
                    Rubbish
                    Nobody would believe that you have friends!
                    A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

I'm thinking you may be right     , but...

if I can find enough chocolate...

...will you be my friend??      

Comment

Your posts are becoming more confusing than the tariff in the bar.......

Gushing on about the bar does not fix the customer perceptions. All I have tried to say is:
                        Tariff confusing
                        Staright forward, displayed pricing avoids confusion and discussion.

Beer generally more expensive
                        So blend a draft beer with a bottle beer and end up with an average 100 Bhat beer - yeah! So measuring, like with like, my point stands - beer (bottle) is 150% of other LB bars in Pattaya.

Attitude of staff
                        Pushy for drinks and that bloody tip box
                        Overall atmosphere for me
                        Happy Hour - no idea when it is scheduled
                        Guest at Penthouse to receive vouchers - but did you stay there. So are vouchers only available to hotel guests? Or must you sit on the porch and sip a mint julip first
                        Tip Box  intimidating/insulting - unique to Pattaya

In fact all your gushing just encourages critique back. By all means say you had a good time but why constantly argue with other visitors perceptions.

You yourself have admitted to having Customer Satisfaction issues and that is all that BM's have posted. Maybe you can shoulder customer dissatisfaction better than others but that is a personal choice.

I have never seen a review for a bar have two such totally opposing views. You stated your 1000% satisfaction and I, along with others, have listed our specific observations. End of review.

BTW what happened to your other photos - slow modem, in Pattaya,  precluded you from posting more at the time?

As I stated at the very beginning I would be delighted to see another successful LB bar in Pattaya BUT in all my visits over 18 months every one has left me feeling negative for the reasons above.

I will visit again BUT I have never been there when it has been full.

I think you will find adopting the PR for a specific bar is a thankless task!

Comment

At the Kitten Club it is more like "wacko hour..."

...can be started at any time of the night.

I was given two drinks at all weird hours, sometimes when I didn't want an extra beer.

...suddenly you find yourself with two drinks when you ordered one.

I can see the bars reasoning...

Comment

(rossco @ Oct. 15 2008,12:40) Your posts are becoming...
                            like in life if you have a negative attitude then that is what you will receive
                            some people are unable to have a good time
                            and everyone else soon picks up on their negative vibes
                            if you dont like the place then like ive said so many times just dont go
                            you wont be missed and many others would find your knitpickping irritating
                            compare like with like and seriously nothing rivals what those guys have put together
                            from hot tub to gorgeous girls at very affordable prices
                            certainly you wont find better in thailand and dont winge on about some open air beer bar that allows you to sit on the street

Comment

As you may find my nitpicking irritating I find your total biased support, and non acceptance of some issues, irritating too.

I respect your opinion as I hope you do mine. I have not made personal comments to yourself so do the same courtesy by me.

My observations, as a customer, still stand and all your ranting, jibing remarks, praise and support for the bar cannot change what are patently irritating aspects of this bar's management style to other BM's.

Shouting at people (metaphorically speaking) is not going to help - in fact it has been proven to endorse entrenchment so perhaps you should review your objective.

I am delighted that you have a great time every time you visit. Sadly that does not occur on my visits.

I post about many bars and have never seen such an emotional deluge of response from two BM's who purport to have no actual 'interest' in the bar.

All bars have plus and negative aspects.

By way of other example:
                              The old Triple X bar in 2nd Road had its followers, albeit the bar could end up in a Wild West brawl, but many were regular visitors. But not everyone liked the bar.

La Bamba had some staff issues, early on, and the absent owner dealt with those issues upon his next visit.

EZY bar has dismissed staff over issues concerning customer satisfaction

I see the forum as an excellent vehicle to post up to date observations and commentary and keep other, absent, BM's informed of the LB scene in Thailand. I do have the advantage of being able to visit nearly all the venues, perhaps more frequently, than many other BM's (Not all!). I have not been banned yet from any of them!

For all my prior comments I think the bar is well laid out (I never did suggest moving walls) and has great potential BUT a clearer tariff, clarity on happy hour, clarity on vouchers, staff attitude adjustment etc etc would be a positive contribution and subsequently increase its patronage.

If a bar does not want to 'hear' what customers think/observe then that speaks volumes about their attitude to customers.

This whole thread was kicked off by a, rather over the top (OTT) effusive, review for a bar by one BM. Many BM's then responded countering this praise with their own, 1st hand, personal experience. That is the nature of a forum. Why now all the shouting and defensiveness just because we do not ALL agree with your (and a anothers) opinion?

My apologies on the request for clarity as it appears that this is deemed, by you, as nitpicking but then I am only another customer and that is my opinion on which I am free to post.

I shall revisit the bar, as I have done many times, and hope to see some of the proposed changes implemented.

Comment

(rossco @ Oct. 15 2008,15:23) As you may find my nitpicking irritating I...
                                exactly rossco
                                everybody has an opinion and you must respect mine also rather than calling it biased support or propaganda
                                i found their menus clear and precise as opposed to most bars where you have no idea of the prices whatsoever
                                i found the drinks prices more than reasonable and i term them average
                                i found the new facilities to be quite amazing
                                certainly well beyond anything i have ever seen during my travels in thailand over years and that can be said for the facilities next door penthouse hotel i believe
                                i found the selection of staff to be more than i could wish for and was able to indulge in alternating fantasies
                                no i didnt use the spa pool and no i didnt use the hot tub myself maybe next time
                                as someone that firmly believes in free speach i found the degree negativeness to be a little suspicious and therefore reacted accordingly
                                maybe its my upbringing of fair play but i think the owners deserve better and obviously put a lot of time and money into that venture
                                i find this whole thread boring but only hope that the publicity as some others have previously said proves beneficial to them
                                it widens our choice and certainly lives the standard

Comment

Working...
                                X