Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opposite classroom gogo pattaya land 2 isnt it? was there 2 year a go was just ladys had jacuzi wid 2 bit cold but 4 pm . went along last couple of trips and a few lbs are working it is pricy but can be a laugh just chill guys and enjoy dont buy LADY DRINKS

Comment

• 150 Baht for a lady drink in Naklua? That's a fucking shithole.

Noisy polluted open air bars with skanks from hell surrounded by kilos of cellulite that should be at home taking care of their teenage kids...

The Kitten Cub - you are forgiven!

Comment

• (rossco @ Oct. 18 2008,05:21) I will speaking  to the owner again to see if I can assist and  promote positively and hopefully change perceptions. What will you do?
        This entire post is unbelievable to me...

In the middle of writing about returning to the Kitten Club you go off on a rant attacking me for everything from daring to start 3 threads on the place, being a cheap charlie, creating negativity, failing to help the owner, being self-opinionated & whatever else.

I apologise for ignoring your long analysis' on the KC but you made your message so clear the high drink prices were too high that I thought it best to leave your posts alone lest I cause you to vent your spleen about the place even more.

I will ignore your personal remarks, I will simply reply to your question above.

While in Pattaya I invited you to come meet with the owner of the Kitten Club.

"He's a nice guy", I said "you're a nice guy, you're both British, you will find you have far more in common than you have differences".

You flatly rejected my offer, "not interested" were your words.

I wondered why at the time, you are the forum's man on the ground there in Pattaya, a friend of most of the club owners, surely it would be to your advantage to include another local business, one not without influence.

Now you have the nerve to question what I will do to help the owner & his establishment. To present yourself as the saviour of the place offering to promote it & change the public perception of it is simply beyond the pale.

Rossco, you can criticise me all you like but do it rationally & I will give you straight forward answers,

when you include lines like "shut the hell up" learn from it" "READ the report" "Obama will win" (WTF), & other pointed comments, I am forced to defend myself & I sincerely hope we can now let it rest.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• Well looks like we are into Soap Opera phase.

Met the owner by accident - I was on the outer area having a cigarette. Never seen him before.
          He explained he does not read the Forums but I did suggest he post a 'Newsletter' periodically
          to announce any events.

He did share some of his difficulties, re doing business in Thailand, and I expressed some alternatives. As this discussion was about his business/position I felt it was not appropriate to discuss here. He does have a 'prominent' and expensive looking bar, in the Soi, which makes him a soft target for 'other expenses'.

I did mention the Happy Hour as a haphazard event.
          I did mention price of drinks (Beer)
          I commented on the 'enthusiasm' of the staff.
          I did comment on the ambiguity of pricing

As it is a mixed bar a punter could enter the LB side, unknowingly, and be quickly 'mobbed' by a number of LB's - that could put him off.

As explained, in an earlier post (not mine), one LB, knowing the customer had a preference for LB's, led him to the correct side of the bar. Good customer care.

So for a reiteration of my long standing comments.

I am not the savior of the bar and do prefer to air my personal comments, on Customer Sat (points restated above - twice), directly and not through a 3rd Party.

I thank you for the offer to introduce me BUT that would have compromised any subsequent visit. My subsequent visit was as an 'unknown' customer along with another BM. I made my observations, as did he, and we separately posted them. I also felt any introduction, accompanied by you, would only result in me being 'brow beaten' into your perceptions. I prefer to make up my own opinion.

If you read back, through all the comments, there is a consistent message re:

*Drink Prices - after, my subsequent visit, I revised my comment that this only applied to bottle beer. I even added in that Naklua were selling LD's at 150!!!!!
          *Staff attitude - let customers settle down first before 6 staff pounce on them
          *Happy Hour inconsistent. In fact reduce beer prices and scrap haphazard Happy Hour
          *Clarity of prices - there is still some ambiguity on Lady Drinks and Bar Off's.

Personal comments:

Cheap Charlie was in the context of the sentence, following your comment, re Kitty Coke.

You would look/appear as Cheap Charlie if you dictated that you were only offering a Kitty Coke as a LadyDrink.

The LB will probably get the same commission, on any drink, so your generous offer, to limit to Kitty Coke, makes you look a Cheap Charlie.  (I watched the LD commission tickets and they were the same, no matter what they ordered, which suggests commission is a flat amount)

When I offer a LD, I do not dictate what they should be offered but I do like to know how much it is - I guess I must be odd in doing that?

In my visits their requested drinks varied from Soda to Beer to Breezer. Some LB's drink alcohol and some do not - up to them

Have I explained that well enough now?
          Note.
          Beer cost 27 Baht Beer sale 150 Baht - 5.8:1.
          Kitty Coke Cost 5 Baht (bottle 35 Baht/7 drinks) Coke sale 99 Baht - 19.8:1.

I did feel that your reply on price of LadyDrinks suggesting only buying Kitty Coke was hardly a constructive/helpful contribution.

Re LD's prices you could have just said "Ah well Naklua charge the same" then that would have been more meaningful within the climate of LB venues in Pattaya.

IMHO your Kitty Coke suggestion just sounded defensive.

Rational enough?

Perhaps we should just all lie down and all agree with you and say:

*The Kitten Club is the best LB bar in the world - you were always right and we were all wrong*

Then this crazy debate can cease.

I do think that you fail to recognize that I, and a couple of other BM's, did take the time out to follow your suggestion to visit. We did. Even took photos and fairly praised and criticized objectively and with facts. I even took the time to promote the bar by posting on another form. Good of me. Even Verity was pleased with my 'trip report'.

We also posted back, objectively, about our observations. Really sorry that they did not meet with your 100% approval. It appears that no matter what I, or others, say/post you feel the need to reply.

Other BM's comments and mine still refer to those Customer Sat issues above - NOT about walls.

Your initial post, about this venue, was effusive but with no real substance/information. Just that YOU liked it.

Hence I commented (humorously) that such PR, in the McCain camp, would help Obama win.

Yes it was an indirect criticism going back to your initial post.

The post did not seem to really help the bar and just resulted, in many BM's, restating their entrenched opinion/criticism. Why, because your post did NOT objectively promote the bar, add any value, and, IMHO, was content free.

My apologies for any offense BUT I do suggest you read through the whole thread and see why it ended up as a Soap Opera. I do not think I can write any more clearly than this on this issue. I do believe I have covered, again, all the points/issues raised

The thread could  have turned into a positive promotion of the bar, with BM's adding their trip reports as I and 'A Another' did - the result is now somewhat tainted. What a pity.

Comment

• This whole publicity stunt started when Pacman was ripped off and posted to tell us about it.

There's a message there for all bar owners!

Comment

• and the message is...   hmmmm....      Don't refuse me a drink at Stringfellows??

just kidding guys,

and thanks Rossco, we can put that all to bed & continue the soap opera, just a shame we can't sell tickets.      

I have no doubt the owner doesn't care who supports his place the more, who likes which of his staff or who has the biggest dick,

he is just happy to get his message across, so if Rossco can direct any curious BM past there so they may satisfy their curiosity (& anything else)

we all win....  and live happily ever after...

Pattaya, it is Fantasyland after all...    

Comment

• (Stogie @ Oct. 19 2008,20:12) This whole publicity stunt started when Pacman was ripped off and posted to tell us about it.
                Publicity stunt....      

And just to remind everyone, the management of the club went out of their way to see I had my money refunded in full.

That type of customer service doesn't occur everywhere unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X