Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(rxpharm @ Dec. 24 2009,06:34) robbo, I think you must differentiate between customers and staff...
    That fucking clown can't even spell it!

If batman4ever (and others) can get it why can't the other experienced travelers on this forum? Or do they just want to get some attention by acting like twats?

Like batman says - show me one person EVER who has actually been held hostage to this policy.

Obviously it's a tool to use with discretion to get rid of the deadbeats. A fucking three year old can see that.
    If you don't agree with me then you're just plain wrong!  

Comment

(Mr. GRUMPY (Grrr!) @ Dec. 24 2009,07:03) Obviously it's a tool to use with discretion to get rid of the deadbeats. A fucking three year old can see that.  
      Explain to me why someone who pays a barfine and gives a LB reasonable compensation for their services would be considered a deadbeat?  I doubt any LB workers at the bar would agree.  My definition of a deadbeat is someone who buys a coke, sips on it for two hours, then leaves without buying a ladies drink or bar fine.

Comment

(deepthroat @ Dec. 24 2009,03:46) Paradise Dreams, perhaps I missed the thread with pictures of another bar with a current staff featuring more hotties than C&D?
        Seems like you have never been in Cascade or Obsession in Bangkok?

Comment

(TopDog @ Dec. 24 2009,08:03)
          (Mr. GRUMPY (Grrr!) @ Dec. 24 2009,07:03) Obviously it's a tool to use with discretion to get rid of the deadbeats. A fucking three year old can see that.  
          Explain to me why someone who pays a barfine and gives a LB reasonable compensation for their services would be considered a deadbeat?  I doubt any LB workers at the bar would agree.  My definition of a deadbeat is someone who buys a coke, sips on it for two hours, then leaves without buying a ladies drink or bar fine.
          arghhhh

come on....you just explained it yourself...

where in your describtion does the bar profit??? you think the girl will give % to the bar..??

and dont give me the BS about the barfine will pay the rent of the place...

and i dont think a lot of the girls will agree with you too....have spoken with many of them,and they all consider them self to be lucky to work in a place like C&D they dont like to work on the streets or the beach

and why worry?? iwe already made my disclaimer... come with the proof...and ill be happy to refund you...
          all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

(rxpharm @ Dec. 24 2009,06:34) batman4ever, keen observation there, and also keep in mind if the browse only, drink water, spend less than 500 Baht types are not in the bar, the staff are not tied up. You will have a better chance to spend some time with your lady of choice if she isn't occupied with the "spectators".

robbo, I think you must differentiate between customers and staff. 500 baht is not a lot to spend for an overseas tourist, and that is the major clientele for C&D. I think they get few if any Thai customers at the bar.
            there hardly spectators if they are bar fining girls mate??? i for one cant wait to see how well this works after high season is over in 2 months\
            just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(TopDog @ Dec. 24 2009,08:03)
              well said , the average ladyboy in a bar would far prefer to be bar fined for an hour and back to the bar, than sit round with a punter and talk shit , dont forget the braggging rights, "i had 4 bfs tonight how many did you get"
              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

For all the guys who are saying "FFS, it is only 500 Baht", I think you are missing the point entirely. My guess it is nothing to do with the money....it is about being "dictated to" by the bar. (that word was too strong, but you get what I mean)

I can't remember the last time I ever spent less than that in a bar, and certainly never less than that in C&D. But if I saw a sign like that, it might make me think I was being "controlled" by the bar, and that makes me feel uncomfortable......

So, what the discussion is about is a bunch of independent-minded guys being told what to do. Nothing to do with the 500 baht.
                Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Dec. 24 2009,14:39) For all the guys who are saying "FFS, it is only 500 Baht", I think you are missing the point entirely. My guess it is nothing to do with the money....it is about being "dictated to" by the bar. (that word was too strong, but you get what I mean)

I can't remember the last time I ever spent less than that in a bar, and certainly never less than that in C&D. But if I saw a sign like that, it might make me think I was being "controlled" by the bar, and that makes me feel uncomfortable......

So, what the discussion is about is a bunch of independent-minded guys being told what to do. Nothing to do with the 500 baht.
                  I am glad someone understands my the reason I started this thread.

I mean even a 3 year old could have worked out what I was saying everyone except Bumpa Stikka

Comment

Well put Stewart- 5 pages summed up on one post  

Something to bear in mind- a lot of bars (especially within Tiger Complex) will not allow girls to leave before midnight, barfine or not. This is not publicised of course so you can find yourself forced to remain in the bar until the clock ticks over. That would REALLY piss me off- at least you know the score in C&D. Other places have a before and after midnite B/F rate. If B500 is gonna be such an issue to someone they can vote with their feet, personally I think it will have little or no effect. Comparisons with Bangkok and Pattaya with the ST rooms just can't be made with Phuket as the system doesn't allow it.

Maybe we should have a red, yellow and green badge system as well to single out those that who have already been on a mission or two that night and may not be carrying a full load- we all want full service and value for money don't we?
                    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Sounds like a policy that is designed to capture only a few people - is it worth it? I totally support penalising the 'cheap charlies' who buy a bottle of water and then expect to enjoy the member of staff for as long as they like.

I have noticed in Pattaya some Mamasans refusing entry to their bar unless the 'customer' pays 1000 baht entry fee - I will leave you to guess as to whom this policy is directed at.

Re BFs. One example - employee did 100 BFs in one calendar month
                      BF 300 Baht.
                      Employee gets commission of about 50 Baht. Bar gets 100 x250. 25,000 Baht
                      Employee gets 100x50 plus 'service' fee.
                      If the service fee is average 750 Baht then that is 80,000 Baht for the month. (100x50 + 100x750)

She does not do 100 BF by sitting around drinking in the bar - she is up and down those stairs like a ferret.
                      In fact she often declines a drink as she wants to get on with her major earning ability.

You cannot have her earning for the bar by drinking in the bar AND having BFs -
                      it is one, or the other, or a blend of the two revenue streams.

So if a customer BFs for 2 nights must he return on the 2nd night to drink another 500 Baht? If he takes her for a week must he return and consume 7x500 = 3500 of drinks?

I do not think anyone is arguing over 'discouraging' some customers but it is the way it is done that is provocative. A publicly displayed sign says "This applies to ALL of you".

Maybe the rule should just be 2 drink minimum or, for Cabaret performers, a different rate for an 'off'.

Comment

Sorry Rossco- my edit covered some of your points- I agree on the 2 drink minimum. My Fav waitress in C&D walked up to a guy at Ning Nong's birthday and asked what he wanted to drink, he said 'nothing' so she 'politely' told him to fuck off( quite rightly)

Comment

FFS get over it, move on. Nothing more to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for.

So do us all a favor, don't go to Phuket if you're pissed off, or if you do, don't go to C&D. Just means more choice for the rest of us.

Make sure you put that 500 baht to good use somewhere, I'd suggest shares of Apple Computer or Ford Motor. Or perhaps some gold coins or rare art?
                          Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Segway's that's where I'm putting my money http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

Comment

(rossco @ Dec. 24 2009,10:43) I have noticed in Pattaya some Mamasans refusing entry to their bar unless the 'customer' pays 1000 baht entry fee - I will leave you to guess as to whom this policy is directed at.
                              That is a new one on me Rossco,

The only one I can think of is Nang Faa, that would want to have a policy like that, but if there's more with that policy then please enlighten us to who they are so as to avoid these places.
                              http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1200741

Comment

Nemisis

The answer is obvious there are some people, of some specific nationalities, who go into bars (GG) and order a bottle of water and then proceed to abuse all the girls.

So the Mamasan's have decided to 'enforce' an entry fee for these specific individuals - it does NOT apply to all patrons. In fact I was leaving the same bar when I witnessed the incident.

The Mamasan told the 'gentlemen' that they must pay 1000 baht each to enter the bar. The Mamasan knew these customers were a waste of time for the bar.

I hope that is clearer now...

Comment

Working...
                                X