Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best Thai curry I have tasted in Pattaya is at Cucumber Restaurant across from Tukcom Mall on South Pattaya Rd. Good western food there too, not too expensive. I'm headed there tonight if anyone wants to join! Closes at 10:30pm

Comment

If you like burgers try Fatties on second road opp Big C . If you like massive gut busting burgers go to Bobs BBQ on soi lk metro
      We've got to get in to get out

Comment

soi bukow is one very long road where abouts id the Canterbury Tales located along it the Brekkie does look very good I used to go to Crazy Dave's also good value for an English Breakfast.

Comment

Anybody can recommend a great buffet not on walking street for a family?

Comment

(elbarto @ Jul. 19 2008,23:04) If you like burgers try Fatties on second road opp Big C . If you like massive gut busting burgers go to Bobs BBQ on soi lk metro
            Fatties also if you are a fan of Shepherd's Pie

Comment

For good italian food I usually go in :
              - Toscana Restaurant , beach road, near soi 6/1.
              Very good food but a little expensive
              -Planet Food 2 , second road in front of mike
              Good food and average price.

Gufooo

Comment

Thought I'd mention the Villa Market in Pattaya, which is part of the new development known as The Avenue.

It's on Pattaya 2nd Road, virtually opposite Soi 13.

Anyway, aside from a very well stocked supermarket and liquor shop, there's a nice dining counter at the entrance, basically set up like those in Foodland.

I stuck to the Thai food which was very good in my opinion, but I noted plenty of guys ordering western dishes too.

The pricing is reasonable, the service efficient, and the place looks clean.

Its a handy place for a quick meal, and you don't feel uncomfortable if you happen to be eating alone given the layout.

Cheers
                Koykaeng
                Attached Files
                Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

(horney69 @ Sep. 08 2008,09:34) Anybody can recommend a great buffet not on walking street for a family?
                  The Captain's corner steak house....
                  Its located next to Residence Gardens...You can call them for free air-con pick up service.038364314..Its all you can eat 350bt..
                  Attached Files
                  So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Here's a good insider tip.

I was going back to my hotel on Soi Diana with two of the girls and they wanted to stop and eat. I suggested Kiss, the 24 hour place on 2nd Road, but they took me to Big Horn inside the arcade.

It's actually an American style steak house, but they reckon it also serves the best Thai food in Pattaya.

It served all the usual Thai dishes, but really beautifully made. Arroy!

Comment

Hey Koy I ate at the Village restaurant as well and it was cheap and delicious. Much better than Kiss I ate there too. I loved it and it is open 24 hours and has a very western style buzz to it when ordering etc. the curry was great and so was the basil fried chicken. you cant go wrong with the food.
                      reflections

Comment

(reflections @ Sep. 29 2008,20:16) Hey Koy I ate at the Village restaurant as well and it was cheap and delicious. Much better than Kiss I ate there too. I loved it and it is open 24 hours and has a very western style buzz to it when ordering etc. the curry was great and so was the basil fried chicken. you cant go wrong with the food.
                        Hi Reflections,

Good to hear some feedback from someone else.

Having been married to a Thai lady for 12 years, I'd like to think I've got at least some idea about good Thai food.

I find it amazing how many "restaurants" can totally screw up the basic dishes, like Chicken Fried Rice or Fried Rice Noodles in Soya Sauce.

The counter at the Villa Market did an excellent job, and will certainly be eating there regularly when in town.

Cheers
                        Koykaeng
                        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

yes it was great sitting there with my BKK Post pigging out on great Thai food. also ate at another great Thai seafood restaurant called Ruam I think
                          reflections

Comment

The Saturday night Buffet at the Montien is oustanding. It used to be 400B per person all you can eat, not sure if the price went up. Everything from Asian to European dishes.

Comment

if you have the dosh and want to impress someone.
                              Mantra at The Amari Orchid. Nice place, nice decor and ambience, not nice prices

Comment

[B]Hi Koykaeng,
                                I just checked out the menu at Mantra. Some of their dishes are quite pricey. Samurai Lobster 700g is 3150 baht that is $90.40 US plus the 7% VAT. The Western Surf and Turf for 2 is $120.54 US. A 7.05 ounce tenderloin steak is $103.32 US. Have you eaten any of those dishes and were they worth the cost?
                                Vampire

Comment

Working...
                                X