Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(EyeMahk @ Jul. 14 2008,17:26) The best Thai curry I have tasted in Pattaya is at Cucumber Restaurant across from Tukcom Mall on South Pattaya Rd. Good western food there too, not too expensive. I'm headed there tonight if anyone wants to join! Closes at 10:30pm
    Vampire, no matter how good the food is at the Mantra, unless you travel on an unlimited budget or badly need to impress someone, there is absolutely no necessity to pay those prices.

This advice from EyeMahk is spot-on, as good a Thai food as I have had anywhere, I would eat there every day without complaint, not as cheap as street food but for a visitor, great value.

I know if this quality food was offered at any Thai restaurant in the world, you would struggle to get a table. And I have been a devotee of the cuisine for over 30 years.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

The Sea View? J ust to the left Tequila Reef near Globetrotter's Does the biggest mixed gill in town. 190 Bart

Comment

(Vampire @ Jan. 11 2009,15:08) Hi Koykaeng,
                  I just checked out the menu at Mantra. Some of their dishes are quite pricey. Samurai Lobster 700g is 3150 baht that is $90.40 US plus the 7% VAT. The Western Surf and Turf for 2 is $120.54 US. A 7.05 ounce tenderloin steak is $103.32 US. Have you eaten any of those dishes and were they worth the cost?
        Vampire
        Hi Vampire,

As I stated in my original post regarding "The Mantra, it's certainly not the sort of place you'd be dining every night, but its an awesome dining experience on many fronts.

The decor, ambience, service & menu are all remarkable, and it needn't be excessive in terms of pricing if you avoid the Lobster and Wagyu Beef !

To put it into perspective, three of us had a great evening featuring numerous courses and mixed drinks for the sum total of 3000 Baht or thereabouts.

Expensive compared to a Thai Fried Rice for 30 Baht, but the same dining experience in the West would be in the 10,000 Baht plus range.

Cheers
        Koykaeng
        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Had dinner in Mantra a couple of weeks ago and it is a great dining experience, a little pricey, but no more than you would expect to be charged for the quality and ambiance.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(koykaeng @ Jan. 11 2009,01:14) Thai Fried Rice for 30 Baht,
            Just had pork fried rice for lunch at the little shop at the end of my soi. Only 25 baht.

But 30 baht tends to be the standard price for most Thai dishes.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jan. 11 2009,10:37)
              (koykaeng @ Jan. 11 2009,01:14) Thai Fried Rice for 30 Baht,
              Just had pork fried rice for lunch at the little shop at the end of my soi. Only 25 baht.

But 30 baht tends to be the standard price for most Thai dishes.
              I got screwed - paid 35 baht (but the noodle soup was only 30 baht)
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

(geosight @ May 31 2008,16:05) Hi
                I usually go to Manhattans on Thappraya Rd , south Pattaya . the steaks are great and its owned by an English guy.
                i love this place.. good quality food..
                shenanigans is good too but i bothered by mosquitoes..
                but its great place..
                "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

I enjoyed a decent Chinese meal on second road, the closest Chinese to Walking st. Seated outside, just can't recall the name.  It looks a dump but the food was good value.

Comment

If you like Italian food,in the arcade opposite Mikes mall(soi Diana) walking towards the back,there's a small pizzeria,lasagne is on of the best I've ever had,pizzas are great and it's reasonably priced.
                    Went to Crazy Daves,soi chaiyapoo? off soi Bhua Khow and had a superb Indian curry.Beef madras,very tasty and the chunks of meat didn't have a drop of fat in it,beautiful.

Comment

I would suggest Swissfood in Soi diamond.
                      Really great food, good salad bar. For what you get and if you consider also the nice atmosphere there the price is realy reasonably priced. www.swissfood.net
                      For Thai food / Seafood i would suggest Ljung Sawai (could be wrong spelled). This restaurant is just at the end of the beach road in Jomtien. They have enought parking place there. Almost only Thai people are there. Of course it´s a long way from Pattaya, but it´s worth to go there and also really cheap.

Comment

Yesterday i eat Seafood at a Retsaurant in Pattaya at teh Beachroad the names was i think something with 99. The prices are not cheap but normal and the Seafood was very good.

Comment

Mr Shrimp's 99

A few years ago you could catch your own shrimp with the aid of ladyboy fisherpeople. Unique theme.

Comment

Had the opportunity to try out a new Indian restaurant - no they did not try to sell me a suit!

The restaurant opened this month and is owned by a very pleasant guy originally from Pakistan who has lived in the UK most of his life. The food was closer to a UK style curry and good value. I had Madras and Pilau rice and Nan bread - about 250 Baht.

I know that Curry is not everyone's taste but to the UK guys who visit and want their usual Ruby Murray as a change from Thai food I recommend this new place. It is called Curries and is in LK Metro - a side Soi linking Soi Diana to Soi Bukhouw. The restaurant is opposite Metro Apartments.

Earlier in the month I tried Max's Italian Restaurant in Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) - next Soi from Yamoto (Soi 13/1). I ate with 3 other BM's and we all thought the food excellent - we all had varying Pasta dishes.

Comment

The new Central Festival Mall is full of good restaurants, my new favorite is Canton House for Dim Sum.
                              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Feb. 13 2009,12:50) The new Central Festival Mall is full of good restaurants, my new favorite is Canton House for Dim Sum.
                                Couldn't get over the selection of restaurants in this place, especially on levels 5 & 6 where there would have to be close to one dozen Japanese restaurants with a range of offerings.  

I had a cheap Thai meal at the ground floor food court where you purchase credit on a card prior to selecting from one of the individuals booths.
                                Was surprised they hadn't made more effort to provide english menus / signage.  

I guess you can always just point and signal if your Thai's a little rusty.

Definitely worth checking out this place if you haven't already, bound to be something to suit all tastes & budgets.

Cheers
                                Koykaeng
                                Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Working...
                                X