Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep...The food court on the ground floor (basement to us Yanks) is a bit of a challenge...But it's cheap...

There is another more upscale food court on the 3rd floor Beach Road side...

And the number of Japanese restaurants is astonishing...Makes one wonder just who their target population is?  
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

OK guys one of Mary's friends has had an Indonesian restaurant open for just over a year now.
      Food was good, a little expensive, but the setting is lovely & a nice change from eating Thai food night & day
      It's called La villa Bali & can be found at 106/16 Moo 12 soi 8 Thepprasit road. 085 3703840
      I will post some piccys when I get back to the UK.

Seamus
      Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Now where did I put my binoculars
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(azza33 @ Apr. 16 2008,15:14)
            For a romantic setting try Cabbages and Condoms resort
            Does anyone have any knowledge of why such an odd restaurant name exists?

I have also seen one down off Sukhumvit Rd in BKK.
            C&C

Established by a family planning organization before AIDS made condoms socially acceptable.

The Bangkok location is top notch. Take a date. You'll be surprised.

"you can broil 'em, you can saute 'em, you can steam 'em..........."
            Me at myself.com

Comment

Hey Snick I took your advice and went to Central and ate at the Loft ( I believe that is the name for this upscale food court). The Thai Tum Goon Yeng (spelling) and the Pad Thai was the best I ever had and the service was excellent
              reflections

Comment

How is the Issan restaurant at Central? it looks nice
                reflections

Comment

I eat at Soi Buakow market every weekend. The food is bloody marvelous, especially the salt encrusted fish and the Som Tam. Lots of random food in a bag type goodness.
                  However i do have an iron gut. Not recommended for the short time visitor to Thailand. You don't want to go eating fermented fish (Balat) only to find yourself on the bog for two weeks.

Also recommended eats on Soi Buakow would be the BBQ place with the massive projector screen (their Tom Sep is delicious) and the little canteen opposite Pook Swan House (Laab Moo is the one)

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jan. 11 2009,04:37)
                    (koykaeng @ Jan. 11 2009,01:14) Thai Fried Rice for 30 Baht,
                    Just had pork fried rice for lunch at the little shop at the end of my soi. Only 25 baht.

But 30 baht tends to be the standard price for most Thai dishes.
                    Now you're talking. That sounds right up my alley for price.

I could eat pad se iew @ 40 baht, every day for breakfast and never get bored with it.
                    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Jan. 25 2009,04:45) Mr Shrimp's 99

A few years ago you could catch your own shrimp with the aid of ladyboy fisherpeople. Unique theme.
                      And some of those ladyboys were amongst the early models on Asian-ts.com
                      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• (reflections @ Apr. 01 2009,21:17) I took your advice and went to Central and ate at the Loft
                        Me too , but I got terrible indigestion climbing back down that ladder
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• Ohhhh you're on a roll tonite boy! Boom Boom
                          I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

• Pacman just likes Cucumbers restaurant in Patts

Comment

• (rossco @ Feb. 13 2009,12:24) Had the opportunity to try out a new Indian restaurant

The restaurant .... is owned by a very pleasant guy originally from Pakistan

My pet hate is the Chinese who run Japanese restaurants... its just not the same!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

• (Katoeyloverguy @ Feb. 28 2010,04:48) Pacman just likes Cucumbers restaurant in Patts
                                Are you trying to wind me up again katoeyloverguy?      

Cucumbers wasn't as good on my last visit as previously but it is only one of many places I like to eat.

I get a surprise to read such categorical advice being given in my name without my imprimatur.

Perhaps you would like to tell us where YOU like to eat. That is a subject you are much better qualified for...    
                                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X