Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sure that the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 was being refurbished when i walked passed a few days ago . The whole of the front was torn down and the whole place looked like a pile of rubble.

Comment

Im sure that the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 was being refurbished when i walked passed a few days ago . The whole of the front was torn down and the whole place looked like a pile of rubble.
      Yes, now finished demolition I think, and new erection happening

TT

Comment

So the front part of the Dynasty is torn down, are they going to build a new part of the hotel or is it going to be a store or something?

Comment

Hi,
          I was considering staying at the Dynasty Inn or Dynasty Grande in Bangkok in April for a week and I was concerned where it's so close to Nana Entertainment Plaza and is pretty much known for a place for guys to stay who want to play at Nana, has anyone stayed there and seen families staying there with kids? I'm going to be there with my fiancee and her little boy on April 17th for a week and though I have heard nice things about both places, I was curious and concerned if it would be fine to take a little boy to stay without seeing bargirls and ladyboys coming and going all the time. If it would be of concerned, can anyone suggest a place to stay in BKK that is decent priced like the Dynasty.
          Thanks so much!
          Chu Chu

Comment

I have never seen families stay there - although I have seen some couples. This would definately not be the place for a child. I don't have any ideas of where you can stay, but try searching on Expedia or asking a travel agent for accomodations in a different part of the city.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Mar. 11 2007,00:05) I have never seen families stay there - although I have seen some couples. This would definately not be the place for a child. I don't have any ideas of where you can stay, but try searching on Expedia or asking a travel agent for accomodations in a different part of the city.
              I have always gone right to Pattaya in my previous trips and never actually stayed in BKK but I have to stay there for 6 nights and I have checked various search engines and even the reviews I have read aren't that great, not like people say about the Dynasty, plus it's a deal for the price. Also, I wanted to stop by Guess Bar for a drink or two and I figured it would be close by. I see what you mean though by it may not be best for a kid though.
              Thanks...
              Chu Chu

Comment

Try the Majestic Grande, on Soi 2, down the street from
                the JW Marriott, somewhat comparable to the DIG, and just as close to Nana, saw more than a few families there, trip before last
                Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

(kevin4252 @ Mar. 11 2007,04:04) Try the Majestic Grande, on Soi 2, down the street from  
                  the JW Marriott, somewhat comparable to the DIG, and just as close to Nana, saw more than a few families there, trip before last
                  Hi,
                  I appreciate the feedback on the question.
                  Thank you soooo much!!
                  Chu Chu

Comment

A good alternative is the Grand Inn. about the same price as Dynasty Inn. It's on Soi 3 right across Sukhumvit fom Nana and the Dynasty Inn.

But although only a minute away from NEP if you catch the light, it has a totally different vibe. The hotel itself is very quiet and does not have a monger feel to it.

About a minute from Guess Bar if you catch the lite right on Soi 3.

If instead you want to spend about 2000 a night the Omni Tower down Soi 4 about 5 minutes from NEP is an alternative.

Comment

I've been at the Dynasty Inn Grande too many times to count...this trip alone, except for 10 days in Pattaya...since mid January and YES...I have seen many families with children of all sizes and it dosen't appear to be a problem...

kahuna
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

NHscotsman,

The first question I would ask you is "What is the purpose of your visit"? Is it shopping, tours, afternoon sex. Lower Sukhumvit is not the only place to stay and really in comparsion to Soi 20 through to Soi 55 it really is the pits. For families stay around Siam , close to the skytrain, shopping, farang eating places. Go to www. Asia Rooms.com and check out the reviews from families. Otherwise Pratumn area is good as well for basic clothes shopping. Depending on the age of your child I would submit them to Soi 2,3,4,5 .........need I keep going!

Comment

I have stayed at both Majestic Grande and Dynasty Grande, would recommend both to you.  There are restaurants onsite and a nice swimming pool in each.   Majestic is more $ with luxury suites.  Also both are a little walk from Nana Plaza, better neighborhood to me.  Book online, it's easy!

Comment

check out a site called bangkok.com, has shit loads of hotels to choose from, upmarket to budget and different areas in Bangkok

Comment

Hi all

I have found the Dynasy Inn on the map. It looks like it is a block or so South of NEP. Where is the Dynasty Inn Grande in relation to the Dynasty Inn? The addresses are in two different roads so I am not sure where it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

BN

Comment

5-star accommodation at a fraction of the price. Situated in the heart of Bangkok's central business district, between Sukhumvit 4 and 6 road, within minutes walk from the BTS Skytrain at Nana station

Comment

Working...
                                X